THE Stanley Black & Decker ONLINE PRIVACY NOTICE
We are subject to the operation of the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (the "Australian Privacy Act") which governs the handling of personal information. The expression "personal information" refers to information or an opinion about an individual whose identity is apparent, or can reasonably be ascertained, from the information or opinion.
- What information does Stanley Black & Decker collect about you on our Sites and Social Media Pages?
- How do we use the information we collect about you?
- Does Stanley Black & Decker use your personal information for direct marketing or other advertising activities?
- Does Stanley Black & Decker share your information with third parties?
- What choices do you have over how Stanley Black & Decker uses your information?
- How does Stanley Black & Decker secure your information on its Sites?
- Will your personal information be transferred overseas?
- How can you access and correct your personal information?
- What can you do if you have a complaint about privacy?
- How can I contact Stanley Black & Decker?
1. What information does Stanley Black & Decker collect about you on our Sites and Social Media Pages?
We will only collect personal information from you to the extent we consider this to be reasonably necessary for our normal business functions and activities. We may collect personal information about you from a variety of sources, including when:
- you provide us information;
- we observe or collect information through technology;
- we receive information about you from third parties; and
- we collect information on our Social Media Pages.
You may interact with us anonymously or pseudonymously where this is lawful and practicable.
See the sections below for more information.
Information You Provide
We may ask you to provide information (including personal information) about yourself directly to our Sites, such as the following:
We may allow you to use your personal social media account on social media sites (“Personal Social Media Account”) to provide information (including personal information) to us when you participate in certain features on our Sites, but we will ask your permission prior to doing so. This information may include any information you have shared on your Personal Social Media Accounts, such as the following:
It is also possible that we will be able to continue collecting this information from your Personal Social Media Accounts should the information be revised by you later. You may choose not to provide us with certain requested information, but then you might not be able to take advantage of some of the features on our Sites.
Information Observed or Collected Through Technology
Navigational Information. Navigational information, such as the following, is collected by us and our third party service providers when you use our Sites:
- browser type and version;
- operating system;
- the Internet service provider used to access our Sites
- IP Address;
- use of links to arrive at our Sites and the IP address from which you arrived;
- web pages requested and viewed;
- time spent on our Sites; and
- for our mobile websites and apps, technical information about the device used, such as screen size, cookie support by the device and how images may appear.
Location Information. Our Sites and emails include features that may require collecting different types of location information that we then use for the specific feature you have selected, such as:
- Where to Buy and Store Locator. Our Sites may allow you to search for the nearest store that offers the Stanley Black & Decker product that you want and whether such nearby stores have certain of our items in stock. If you access one of our Sites through a mobile device and you have enabled location-based services, specific location information may be collected for these features. If you access these features through a desktop device, you may be able to choose to have your browser provide us your location information to respond to your request. The specificity of the desktop device location information can vary depending on the browser you are using and how you are connected to the internet.
- Email. Our emails may use your IP Address to determine the postal code where you are located when you open the email. This allows us to tailor content to you, such as a map of nearby stores carrying our products. The specificity of the location can vary depending on the device used to open our emails.
If you do not consent to have your browser provide location information or you disable location-based services on your mobile device, we may ask you to manually select the region where you are located, or to enter your postcode; if you chose not to provide this information some features of the Sites may not be available. See the “5. What choices do you have over how Stanley Black & Decker uses your information?” section below for the choices you have regarding collection of location information.
Cookies and other similar technology. We and our third party service providers use “cookies.” Cookies assign a unique identification to your device and are typically stored on your device by your web browser. We may also use pixel tags (also known as web beacons, web bugs and clear GIFs) on the Sites and in emails. A pixel tag is a nearly invisible pixel-sized graphic image on a webpage or in an email message.
The information we and our third party service providers collect through cookies, pixel tags and similar technology includes the following:
- your interactions with our Sites and with our advertisements;
- the time of your visit to our Sites;
- items you put into your shopping cart and whether you purchase any or all of those items;
- confirmation when you open email from us, including the time you open the email and whether you click on any links in the email; and
- sites you visit after visiting one of our Sites.
Product information. We and our third party service providers may collect technical data and related information, including but not limited to information about our products, registration details relating to our products and your use of our "smart" products.
Information Obtained from Third parties
We may combine information about you from other sources with the personal information we have collected about you on our Sites or Social Media Pages.
For example, in connection with searching and applying for jobs with us, we use a third party to collect and process the applicant profiles and preferences, monitor website activity, maintain the database based in the U.S and provide plug-ins (such as LinkedIn) at your request. We require that the personal information you provide on pages hosted by these third parties be maintained by them in confidence. Information you voluntarily supply will be stored in a database, which will be accessed by authorized personnel of Stanley Black & Decker to address your inquiry or consider you for employment purposes with any of our affiliates. We may also keep the information for future consideration.
Information Collected on Stanley Black & Decker’s Social Media Pages
2. How do we use the information we collect about you?
The personal information we collect about you helps us personalize your experience with us and our communications to you, and helps us continually improve your experience on our Sites. We will not, however, use or disclose your personal information for any purposes other than those connected with the primary purpose of our collection, or a reasonably related secondary purpose which we believe you should reasonably expect. These purposes include (but are not limited to):
We use navigational information gathered through technology for determining things like:
We use information collected through cookies and similar technology to determine many of the same things listed for navigational information above. In addition, cookies and similar technology are used for things like:
- personalizing your experience on our Sites;
- serving tailored ads on other sites, as described below;
- tailoring email marketing to you based on your preferences on or use of our Sites;
- determining return visitors; and
- measuring the effectiveness of our advertising.
Similar to the navigational information described above, the social media sites where we have our Social Media Pages may provide aggregate information and analysis to us about visitors to our Social Media Pages. This allows us to better understand and analyze our user growth, general demographic information about the users of, and interaction with content on, our Social Media Pages.
3. Does Stanley Black & Decker use your personal information for direct marketing or other advertising activities?
We will not use or disclose personal information for the purposes of direct marketing to you unless:
- you have consented to receive direct marketing materials;
- you would reasonably expect us to use your personal details for this purpose; or
- we believe you may be interested in the material but it is impractical for us to obtain your consent.
In every instance we will ensure that our direct marketing material incorporates an option for you to elect to receive no further such communications (see Section 5 below for more information).
We may also contract with third party advertising companies to tailor online advertising to be directed to you on other websites. These third party advertising companies place, use, or rely on technology, such as cookies and pixel tags, to obtain information about your interactions with our Sites as well as with other websites. This information helps us select advertising to serve to you and where to serve it based on your experience on our Sites and other sites that you visit. We may disclose personal information, and you consent to us doing so, to any such third party advertising companies. Any advertising communications sent to you by a third party on our behalf will include an opt-out notice.
4. Does Stanley Black & Decker share your information with third parties?
We do not sell, rent, or trade your personal information to unrelated third parties. We may, however, authorize a range of third party service providers to perform services on our behalf in circumstances which may provide them with incidental access to your personal information but only to the extent that we believe you would reasonably expect us to do so.
We may also disclose your personal information:
- to our affiliates and brands so that they can provide information to you about their products, which includes the affiliates specified at email@example.com;
- to our affiliates and third party service providers in order to perform tasks on our behalf such as the following:
- facilitating your purchase;
- assisting in servicing our products;
- helping you exchange products;
- providing and improving our communications with you;
- responding to requests to our investor relations;
- as required to cooperate with a subpoena, search warrant or other legally valid inquiry, court order or other legal process, or as required or permitted by law; and
- to protect the rights, property or safety of our Sites, our users or others, including where necessary for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims.
If Stanley Black & Decker were ever merged with or acquired by another company, or if we acquire another business entity or are involved in a corporate reorganization or other change of control, or if we sell substantially all the assets of a division, affiliate or subsidiary, some or all of the personal information collected about you could be shared with the acquiring or acquired company.
We may also share aggregate data about our sales, customers, traffic patterns, and other related Site information with third parties for analysis. To the extent appropriate and practical, we will ensure that you remain anonymous.
5. What choices do you have over how Stanley Black & Decker uses your information?
We give you choices about the information we collect and how we communicate with you.
- Email: You may opt-out of our marketing emails by following the instructions listed in the email that you received. However, even if you opt-out you may still receive non-marketing emails, such as order/shipping confirmations or customer service communications. This form of communication is not regarded as "direct marketing" under the Australian Privacy Act.
- Location Information:
- Mobile Device Location Information. Your mobile device settings may allow you to disable location-based services, which will prevent our Sites from accessing your precise mobile device location information. We recommend you review the help or user manual provided with your device for instructions.
- Desktop Device Location Information. Your desktop web browser may allow you to remove permission you granted through your desktop device for our Sites to access your location information and/or completely block requests for location information. We recommend you review the help or user manual provided with your browser for instructions.
- Email Location Information. Your email program may allow you to prevent the pixel tags or images in the emails you receive from us from downloading, which will also prevent our service provider from accessing your location information. You can also unsubscribe from receiving our emails, as described in the "Email" section above.
- Postal Marketing: If you no longer want to receive marketing materials from us via regular postal mail, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and tell us that you want to be removed from the Stanley Black & Decker postal mailing list, including the postal address you wish to have removed. However, even if you opt-out you may still receive non-marketing postal materials, such as order/shipping confirmations or customer service communications. This form of communication is not regarded as "direct marketing" under the Australian Privacy Act.
6. How does Stanley Black & Decker secure your information on its Sites?
We take reasonable steps to protect the personal information in our custody or control from unauthorized access, use, modification and disclosure. We use firewalls and other reasonable technical, administrative and physical security measures which are designed to do so.
While we implement the above security measures on our Sites, you should be aware that 100% security is not always possible. No data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed as totally secure. Although we strive to protect your personal information, we do not warrant the security of any information you transmit to us over the Internet and you do so at your own risk.
7. Will your personal information be transferred overseas?
We may send your personal information to countries outside of Australia including the United States of America, the United Kingdom, the European Union and Switzerland and you consent to us doing so. You should note that these countries may not offer the same level of statutory privacy protection for personal information as Australia does.
8. How can you access and correct your personal information?
We will take such steps as are reasonable to ensure that the personal information which we collect remains accurate, up to date and complete.
We will provide you with access to your personal information held by us unless we are permitted under the Australian Privacy Act to refuse to provide you with such access. Please contact us via the details set out below if you:
- wish to have access to the personal information which we hold about you;
- consider that the personal information which we hold about you is not accurate, complete or up to date; or
- require further information on our personal information handling practices.
There is no charge for requesting access to your personal information but we may require you to meet our reasonable costs in actually providing you with access.
If you consider that the information which we hold about you is inaccurate, out of date, incomplete, irrelevant or misleading, we will take reasonable steps, consistent with our obligations under the Australian Privacy Act, to correct the information if you so request.
We will respond to all requests for access and/or correction within a reasonable time.
9. What can you do if you have a complaint about privacy?
If you have a complaint about the way in which we have handled any privacy issue, you should advise us via the contact details below.
If you remain unhappy about the way we have handled a privacy issue, we suggest that you approach an independent advisor or contact the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner for guidance on alternative course of action which may be available. We will provide our full cooperation in the event that you elect to pursue this course of action.
11. How can I contact Stanley Black & Decker?